Hamas accuses Israel of deliberately undermining Gaza ceasefire
Hamas on Wednesday accused Israel of deliberately escalating violence in Gaza after an Israeli drone strike on a café at Gaza City's port killed six Palestinians, including a child, and wounded 14 others, according to the Palestinian Health Ministry.
Hamas described the attack as a “deliberate and bloody escalation,” saying it demonstrated Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's determination to continue military operations and undermine the ceasefire agreement.
In a statement, the group said the strike threatened ongoing efforts to consolidate the ceasefire and advance implementation of the agreements reached by the parties.
The Palestinian Health Ministry said the Israeli drone strike hit a café inside Gaza City's port on Tuesday evening, killing six people and injuring 14 others.
Hamas said the timing of the attack was particularly significant, coming after recent meetings in Cairo and amid continuing mediation efforts aimed at maintaining the ceasefire and moving negotiations forward.
The group accused Netanyahu of seeking to derail those efforts and undermine regional and international initiatives aimed at implementing US President Donald Trump's plan and the Sharm el-Sheikh agreement.
Hamas said the targeting of civilians represented a serious challenge to efforts to halt the escalation and restore security and stability in the region.
The group accused the Israeli government of disregarding efforts to consolidate the ceasefire and implement commitments made under the agreement.
At the same time, Hamas reaffirmed what it described as its “serious and responsible” commitment to ensuring the ceasefire agreement succeeds.
The group said its position had been demonstrated during recent meetings with US envoy Jared Kushner and mediators involved in the negotiations.
Hamas called on the US administration, mediators and guarantor countries to pressure Israel to comply with the agreements and immediately halt attacks and further escalation.
It also urged them to prevent Netanyahu's government from obstructing the Sharm el-Sheikh agreement and undermining efforts to complete its implementation.
The latest incident comes as mediators continue efforts to preserve the ceasefire and advance the next stages of the agreement, while renewed violence threatens to further complicate negotiations. (ILKHA)
LEGAL WARNING: All rights of the published news, photos and videos are reserved by İlke Haber Ajansı Basın Yayın San. Trade A.Ş. Under no circumstances can all or part of the news, photos and videos be used without a written contract or subscription.
The United States has dramatically escalated its campaign against the International Criminal Court (ICC), imposing sanctions on the court’s president and a senior trial lawyer in a move that critics say represents a brazen attempt by Washington to intimidate international justice and shield powerful allies from accountability.
Syria has formally complained to the United Nations over what it described as Israeli airstrikes on the Abu al-Duhur Military Airbase in Idlib province, calling the attack a clear violation of its sovereignty and territorial integrity and urging the international community to take action against Israel.
The United States has imposed sanctions on two senior officials of the International Criminal Court (ICC) over the court's investigations into alleged war crimes involving officials of the Israeli occupation regime, Secretary of State Marco Rubio announced.