Five dead in devastating house fire in eastern France
Five people were killed and one more was hospitalized after a deadly fire swept through a home in the small eastern French town of Neuves-Maisons overnight Saturday.
Local prosecutors and emergency services have opened an investigation into the blaze.
Authorities said that roughly 70 firefighters supported by about 40 emergency vehicles responded to the fire after it erupted at the house.
The fire has since been extinguished, but the damage was severe and the community deeply shaken.
Local media outlet Ici Lorraine, citing police sources, reported the victims included a couple and three young people, aged between 17 and 20 — identified as the couple’s son and two of his friends.
A sixth person was treated for smoke inhalation; fortunately, officials said their condition is not life-threatening.
In response to the tragedy, the local Prefecture announced that the town hall will establish an emergency medical-psychological support unit to assist residents affected by the incident.
Meanwhile, the has initiated a formal inquiry. Investigators are working to determine the cause of the blaze, whether it was accidental or the result of negligence or other factors.
The tragedy has reverberated throughout Neuves-Maisons, a town unaccustomed to such fatal incidents. Local authorities and social services are urging calm and cooperation while they gather evidence and support grieving families. (ILKHA)
LEGAL WARNING: All rights of the published news, photos and videos are reserved by İlke Haber Ajansı Basın Yayın San. Trade A.Ş. Under no circumstances can all or part of the news, photos and videos be used without a written contract or subscription.
At least 146 people are confirmed dead in a devastating fire that tore through multiple high-rise buildings in Hong Kong's Tai Po district last week.
Kyrgyzstan headed to the polls on Sunday for a snap parliamentary election widely expected to deliver a sweeping victory for allies of President Sadyr Japarov, further consolidating his grip over the country’s political system.
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) issued a stark warning on Saturday, saying that rapidly worsening malnutrition combined with the onset of winter now poses an immediate, life-threatening danger to thousands of children trapped in the Gaza Strip under Israel’s ongoing assault.